Friday, March 21, 2008

Conduct Sheet

A Conduct Sheet is a great tool that parents and teachers use to help manage a child's behavior.

Here's a story about my experience with using one.

I went up to one of my kids school the other day the and his teacher began to complain to me about his behavior in class. So I asked her to give me a conduct sheet. You may be asking, "what is a conduct sheet?" Well that's a sheet that's used by the teachers at the end of each class to grade the child's behavior. When he came home that day I requested the conduct sheet and noticed that he tried to change one of the grades from an N (needs improvement) to an S (satisfactory). The teacher even noted at the bottom of the page that he tried to change the grade, so he was caught in the act. At first he tried to justify his acting out in class but I wasn't going for that and had told him that I expect to see an improvement the next time around but, I made sure to praise him for each class where he had good behavior and for doing his work.

No comments: