Monday, May 18, 2009

My son wants to drive my car


I think my son Teddy has his license and has enjoyed driving my car. Since he's been back from college I let him drive my car about 6 times and now he thinks that I should let him drive when he does things around the house or when he helps cook dinner. I let him take his girl out in the movies with it, visit his friends house, pick up his things from college, run a few errands etc. Now of course I do appreciate his help and it's been great to have him back home from college because I really do love the kid, but I've really been getting annoyed lately about him thinking that he should be allowed to drive my car just because he helps out around the house sometimes. If I were his age I know I would beg for my father to do the same thing, so I really do understand his strong desire to drive. I most say that Teddy is a very responsible young man that's what makes it so hard for me not to reward him in this way.

What would you do if you were in my situation? Share your comments with us. Thanks.

No comments: